Monday 27 July 2009

Scrapmagasinet Challenge - Black & White


Our new challenge over at the Scrapmagasinet DT blog has just started and this challenge we are asking to see your Black and White creations. I won't lie and tell you I found this challenge easy as you know how much I love bright colours.

I couldn't wait to colour this image and I just love this characters attitude!  With her heart shaped lips she is also so cute!  This image is from the new Girl Power/Furriest Friends pre-order set.  This set is an amazing price for all the rubber you are getting and currently on special.  

My image is coloured with Prismacolor pencils with sansodor and paper stumps to blend.  I have also used a copic sketch marker for her skin tone.  The papers are from the DCWV La Creme stack.  This stack is gorgeous and there is so much strokeable texture.

I couldn't help myself and add a teeny weeny bit of colour to my card by adding the tag and heart brad ;-)

Hope you can play along too and don't forget that every challenge we have a great prize for one lucky player.

Be back again later today with my Spoon Full of Sugar card.

Hugs,

19 comments:

Danni said...

Very nice! Love the sentiment!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow Nikki...this is so sweet and sassy!!

Stef H said...

i used to have my license plate say so what? this is fabulous!

hugs,

Joy said...

this is a neat card! never thought of doing one in black and white! this must have been a fun card to make! TFS!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your black and white.

Sinikka said...

What a cool card. It is really difficult to Not use any ther colour...If you didn't mentioned it I never did see the little heart.
Hugs Sinikka

daisy said...

hi nikki haven't been round much sorry. have a bit of a thing here! but love all the new online things, and af course you'r cards!

hugs
daisy

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Nikki,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Debbie said...

This is fab Nikki, love the image and B&W always looks stunning! Debbie x

CraftyC said...

Its great Nikki, very classy!!
Clairex

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Nikki lovely detail and the papers and colouring are gorgeous.
Hugs Linda

Paula said...

Wow what a fab card i adore the colour combo and image and love all the layers.
Paula xxxx

Penni said...

I love this Nikki, you did well not using your bright colours.

I've left a little something on my blog for you to collect.

Hugs
Penni
X

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so very awesome!! LOVE the fun layout and colors!! So sassy looking!! ;)

Rach said...

awesome job Nikki, fabulous card. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Nikki, love the image!
Love the black and white!
Erin x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, Nikki what a great card, really super! Beautiful colours.
Hugs Jacqueline

Renata van Miltenburg said...

I also love bright colours but I like this black and white card very much. Love the papers and your coloring!

Knuffel, Renata

Heather Huggins said...

Super job!! I love how you colored her clothes I didn't think of that. The whole thing is awesome!!