Monday 6 July 2009

Not long now...

Sorry i'm so late posting today.. boy it's been a hectic one. I'm back again to show my last Hanna stamps sneak peak before the release at 11pm EST. For my international visitors there is a party tonight at SCS 9pm EST. Pop on over and read this post for more details.

I made a bookmark today using one of the stamps from the Hanna Mermaid set. This set is busting with lots of accessories as well as the main character Hanna Mermaid which I showed you yesterday. I stamped my seahorse and then stamped him again on a post-it note. I cut around my seahorse using a round nestabilities and then masked him to copic airbrush the background. My seahorse is then coloured with Prismacolor pencils with sansodor and paper stumps to blend. Again lots more shimmer with sakura stardust and stickles. The cardstock I used is also glittery.


My daughter Zoe is a right little bookworm so she was pleased I had made this for her. I think my Seahorse would fit in well to the Harry Potter stories as with his black cape he looks like a wizard.

If you been hoping round the Hanna stamps teams blogs over the last few days i'm sure you'll agree they have had some awesome sneaks. If you haven't had a chance yet you will find the links to their blogs on Friday's post or in my sidebar. You can also check out all the teams cards here on SCS.

I've had quite a few emails today from friends. Please don't think i'm ignoring you and I will write back tomorrow ;-)

Hugs,


25 comments:

Laura (Faerielore) said...

WOW Nikki what a brilliant bookmark i love all that gorgeous sparkle !!!! xxx

Zoe said...

Oh Nikki, this is adorable!! No wonder Zoe loves it!! It looks soo simple to make too!! I am thinking i need to give it a go! You can NEVER go wrong with purple and sparkles lol!
Take care sweetie,
Zoe x

Lacey said...

Awesome! What a great idea to use it as a book mark.
By the way, I got my personalized stamp yesterday!! Love it!!
~Lacey

Bev said...

Oh this is brilliant sweetie, love the colours too. x

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Nikki! Love the shimmer!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful.

Kelly Schelske said...

It's great Nikki, no wonder Zoe loves it!

Hugs, Kelly

Islander Girl said...

Oooh I love this!!! I've been meaning to make a bookmark, this is a great idea!

Hope you're doing well!!!

Beccy said...

Gorgeous Nikki - love the sparkle and such a dapper seahorse with his likkle cape. Great colouring.

Have a great day

Beccy x

Moni said...

Gorgeous bookmark! Hugs, Moni

Powerful Search Engine said...

OOH so much sparkle I adore it. I love the background and the seahorse looks amazing, hugs Pascale

Riet said...

What a beautiful bookmark Nikki,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Monique said...

It's beautifull Nikki !

Hugs Monique

christelle said...

This bookworm is adorable!! I love the sparkles and this little seahorse!!
Have a great day my dear friend,
Love to you all,
Big hugs,
Christelle.

debby4000 said...

Oh he is so sweet, gorgeous colours and sparkle.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Great bookmar, wonderful colours!
Hugs
Carole x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Nikki, i love the images and the cards that you have made using them. I love the makes you've made since my last visit. I have lost all my mojo at the moment and am struggling to craft at all. Am very behind with my blog hopping too. Hope you and your family are well hunny, have a lovely week, hugs Linda x

Nannieflash said...

What a gorgeous little seahorse, and what a clever way of using him, I love the colours and the sparkles, hes beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Vicki G said...

hehe!!! This stamp makes me chuckle!!! L'il ELvis is looking FIne here chicka!!!

HUgs,

Vicki

Ila said...

This is so Gorgeous Nikki!!..the colors and sparkle are Fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila

Georgia said...

This is so stunning Nikki, I absolutely love it! The glitter looks beautiful and I really like all the inking you've done.
Great choice of book too! - I love Harry Potter. :)
Love, Georgia xx

Penni said...

Love this bookmark Nikki - they are so simple to make and would be a nice addition on a card for any book lover.

Hugs
Penni
X

Unknown said...

This bookmark is so cute and vibrant! Love what you did here!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait for this!! :) I love your bookmark!!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab Nikki, I love the colours