Sunday 19 July 2009

High Hopes Challenge - Christmas in July

Hope your having a great Sunday! I'm back today for this weeks High Hopes challenge. Our wonderful Diva Divine Kimmie is asking us to create a Christmas card in July. I'm really thankful for this challenge as this is my 2nd Christmas card this year.... whoooopppsss I had better get a move on and start making a few more soon or it will become a headache like last year.

I had forgotten I had this stamp and this is Canadian Christmas Greetings. My image is stamped with Memento ink. Coloured with Prismacolor pencils with sansodor and paper stumps to blend. I added a little stickles for some extra Christmassy sparkle! The Basic Grey Figgy Puddy paper is quite fussy so kept the layout nice and simple and to keep the focus on my image. I have used SU corner rounder. The Holly leaves are by Prima and I improvised and added berry buttons. To finish I have added a little gold raffia bow for some fun texture.


Over the last couple of days I recieved some awards. The first is from Shirley and Fern.


Also the I received the above award from Joycelyn.

Thank you so much and you are so sweet to think of me. Be sure to check out these girls blogs as they are uber talented!!!

I hope you can join in our challenge this week and be sure to check out the awesome samples from the rest of the gang!

Have a great Sunday,

Big Hugs,


30 comments:

Paula said...

Such a fabulous Christmas card Nikki i adore the HH image you have used and such great DP's.
Paula xxxx

Tammi said...

Wow on your coloring, it's always so perfect! Love how you used the buttons, this is so cute! ~Hugs

Danielle said...

Super cute card Nikki - what an adorable christmas image and beautifully coloured! Love that paper.
Hugs, Danielle

CraftyC said...

Super cute crimbo card Nikki, love the image and fabby papers!
Clairex

Tracey said...

This is a fabulous card Nikki! It's weird to think about Christmas already but I guess really it will be here before we know it. xx

lacey said...

What a cute image, Nikki!I don't think I have seen this one yet! I love the buttons berries! We just got back from Universal Islands of Adventures in Orlando...this was our trip with friends without our kids so we could ride all of the roller coasters! We had so much fun..but we are sooo tired!
~lacey

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous coloring Nikki! Super cute, love the buttons and leaves and the gold raffia is perfect!

Hugs, Kelly

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Beautifully coloured and put together!! Love your background paper & embellishments--perfect card!!
Blessings,
Sarah

Cathy said...

This is so adorable!! OMG I smiled when I saw it!! It's been a bad week so that's saying something!! Your coloring is beautiful and that image is so sweet. Great job!! Hugs, Cathy

Cindy Haffner said...

So very darling. Love your coloring.

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, Nikki what a super card! So cute and the image is really great.
Hugs Jacqueline

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and fab paper! Hugs, moni

sandra_w said...

Super cute card, Nikki!

San x

Fern said...

Wow Nikki, i just love your card. The holly leaves and red buttons look gorgeous- a great idea.
Beautiful colouring.

Fern xx

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Nikki, Love the HH image and the gorgeous vibrant colours you have used. Debbie x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Nikki,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Nannieflash said...

Well Nikki, I do so love your image they are so happy and really make you feel as though Xmas is around the corner. WEll done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Michelle said...

such an awesome christmas card. and congrats Nikki on all your fabulous awards. You really deserve them,
Hugs Michelle

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Nikki.
Your coloring is so beautiful, love the paper and your embellies too.

Karen x

Penni said...

This must be one of the best Christmas images I've seen - what fun, and of course your colouring is amazing as usual.

Hugs
Penni
X

DawnMarie said...

Whoops Nikki, remember I said I'd be making all my Christmas cards this year, well so far I've made 1, yes 1. So I need to get myself motivated and get some made as I'm determined this year. This card is gorgeous, I love this image its so cute. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh those images are super cute and I just love that Moose!!! My Brother collects Moose so I may need to get this stamp!!!

Heather

The Country Rose said...

Awwww! Too cute! As always- great job on coloring!

Barb

COCO said...

Fab card Christmas !!!!!
I love it !!!
hugs coco

cats whiskers said...

Hi Dear this is fabulous I love that image and those great papers, this must be one of the funniest Christmas Images I have seen. Have a good week
Hugs Jacqui x

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Nice!!! Love how you used the buttons as berries! And a cute raffia bow.

Big hugs, Renata

Mina said...

I love this so much...and wow I have to have those papers they are stunning
Mina xxx

Michele Spera said...

Hi Nikki
I love the card!! shading is great of the image and I love the DP! The raffia is a nice touch:-)
XMichele X

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Nikki! Your image is so darn cute and beautifully colored!
hugs
Risa:)

Ila said...

So Cute and Gorgeous!! I've always loved this image..Your coloring and papers are Awesome!!...Hugs, Ila