Sunday 18 April 2010

High Hopes Challenge - Good enough to Eat!

Yay, it's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at the High Hopes blog!

This weeks challenge is hosted by our talented gal Jeanne. Jeanne's has a tasty challenge for us this week called - Good Enough to Eat. She would like you to create a food related card or project. Take that any way you want.... food image, recipe cards, whatever! :-)

Remember to enter our challenges you need to use High Hopes Rubber Stamps!!!

The random winner of this challenge will receive the below stamp - Summer's Sweetness as featured on Jeanne's beautiful card this week.

When I see Jeanne's challenge I knew straight away that I wanted to use Mildred as she is one of my many favourite High Hopes stamps. Even better when my delivery of Kaisercraft arrived Friday I quickly grabbed the Tea at Elsies Paper Pad for my stash. The colours in this paper pad are just gorgeous and full of pretty designs. This is the first time I have used Kaisercraft paper and was really impressed by the variety and textures of papers in the collection. There are also 4 pages of handy die-cuts which are perfect for cardmaking.

Mildred has been coloured with Copic markers with a little Prisma pencil to finish. I have also added some of my favourite flat back pearls... I just feel my card is never quite finished with out them.

If your looking to purchase High Hopes stamps I have a fantastic selection over in my store.

Don't see the High Hopes stamp you are looking for in my store?
I am placing an order with them in the next few days so send me an email and i'll add it to my order :-)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs,


16 comments:

Marja Sch said...

What alovely Challenge and you made an adorable card. The DP and image are so sweet.

Jeanette said...

Nikki! this is gorgeous. Your coloring is awesom and the color choices are really pretty. That paper is yummy! Have a great rest of the day!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a cute and lovely card Nikki, so pretty!
Hugs Jacqueline

Niki Estes said...

So cute, Nikki! I love the colors, sketch, and cluster of flowers!

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Hi Nikki,

I sooo loved doing this challenge!! And I almost used Mildred myself!! I love your version--I would say she's holding a fresh, out-of-the-oven peach pie (deep breath) I can almost smell it!!! I absolutely love the papers your used on your card and the way you made her clothes match--fabulous!!!
Blessings,
Sarah:)

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Ohw...what a cool papers...I'm not into bleu at all but this is gorgeous! Lovely card.

Liefs, Renata

Tracey said...

A beautiful card Nikki! xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Nikki, you are so right your pie does look good enough to eat, those papers are fabulous and your image gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Nikki, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh gosh, Nikki! this is cuter than cute could ever be! I love the design and colors and your coloring is always spectacular! I love it!!
hugs!
Sharon

Kelly Schelske said...

She's sweet, mmm an apple pie, yummy!!!

Debbie said...

A gorgeous card Nikki, rhe image is so cute and I love the pretty papers.
Hugs
Debbie x

Georgia said...

What a gorgeous card Nikki! The image is so sweet and your colouring is fantastic! I love those papers too! :) Love, Georgia xx

christelle said...

After our holidays it's a real pleasure to discover your new cards!!
They are all gorgeous and I love new Kaiser Kraft papers!!
I hope all your family is all weel.
Have a great day my sweet Nikki,
Love to you all,
Big hugs,
Christelle.

Tracy said...

Nikki this is so gorgeous, love the image and gorgeous papers.
Tracy x

Stacey said...

Wonderful Nikki! I adore these papers, they look so good with this layout! ~x~