Saturday 24 October 2009

High Hopes Challenge 50 - All about kids

nikkiswingingshannoncard

Our host this week over at the High Hopes challenge is our talented Diva Danielle. Danielle's challenge is called All about kids. She would love to see kid images or cards created with kids in mind. High Hopes have the cutest kid characters!

Remember to enter our challenges you need to use High Hopes Rubber Stamps. If your looking to add some to your collection I have a great selection at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.

The random winner of this weeks challenge will receive the below cute stamp - Heidi and Madison.

For my card I used the sweet image Swinging Shannon. I can't believe this cutie hadn't been inked before. I was dying to use the new Basic Grey Nook and Pantry papers. These are available in handy 6x6 pads over in my store. I stamped Shannon and then cut her out using a circle nestabilities. I didn't ink up the rope which is part of the stamp design so I could add the string for some fun texture. I have added some pretty Lemon Raffia Lace for some added texture. I added half back pearls to the corners of my card in yummy chocolate and cappuccino.

Taking the kids to see Ice Age 3 this morning at kids club. The girls are on holiday now for the next week so need to think of some fun activities to keep them amused.

Have a great Sunday!

Hugs,



Card Recipe:

Stamp: High Hopes Swinging Shannon stamped in Memento ink.
Paper: Basic Grey Nook and Pantry
Embellishments: 4mm flat back pearls and Lemon Rafia Lace.
Tools: Wizard and Scalloped Circle and Circle nestabilities.
Technique:
Prismacolor pencils with sansodor and paper stumps to blend. A little stickles added to Shannons bows.

nikkiswingingshannonclose

32 comments:

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Beautiful card,love the papers and this sweet stamp.
Wish you a very nice time at ice age 3.
Love and hugs to all.
Agnesxx

sandra_w said...

Stunning card, Nikki! Cute image and fantastic colouring!

Have a nice day!

San x

Moni said...

OMG this is so gorgeous card, and cute image. Fab layout! Hugs,moni

Unknown said...

Wow, Nikky, this looks just great! I love High Hopes! Beautiful colours and gorgeous layout!

Marja Sch said...

Wow this one is super cute. Hugs Marja

CraftyC said...

Ben having terrible trouble trying to access your blog Nikki, but am here now. Great card and the papers work really well
Clairex

Debbie said...

A wonderful card Nikki, I love the gorgeous DP's and the image is coloured to perfection. Debbie x

Monique said...

That's such a sweet card Nikki !!! I love the colours and your paper.

Hugs Monique

Maria Therese said...

super cute card!! have a lovely sunday!!

Melanie said...

Nikki, this is just adorable! I love this image. Your colouring is great (as always!), and the papers are awesome!

Melanie

Danielle said...

Love this card Nikki - the image is adorable and beautifully coloured! Loving those new BG papers - wow!!
Hugs, Danielle

Nannieflash said...

Nikki, your card is stunning, the image is delightful and the papers and details are lovely. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable Niki, so so sweet.

Debbie said...

gorgeous card Nikki,Love the DP and you have coloured this Image to absolute perfection,
Hugs Debbie x

christelle said...

Very cute card Nikki!!
I love your colouring and the papers!!
Hope you and a fun time with Zoe and Danni with Ice Age 3
Love to you all,
Big hugs,
Christelle.

DawnMarie said...

Hi Nikki, I love your card, such a sweet image and those papers are gorgeous. Hope you are all well hun. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Christine said...

That card is so adorable. I love those stamps. great challenge.
xoxo, Christine

Silli said...

Hello dear Nikki, your card is sooo sweet! I love the cute image..., the papers are fab!!! I love the heart buttons...lovely
Big hugs and happy sunday!

Victoria said...

This is adorable Nikki! Such a sweet image and I love the paper you've used!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Pop's Cards said...

She looks gorgeous i love the string from the tyre, brilliant honey, hugs pops x x x

Tracey said...

Such a fabulous image and card! That pp is gorgeous!! xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Nikki! Fun papers!

Hugs, Kelly

Heather Huggins said...

Oh!! It's gorgeous as usual... Your getting a lot of fabulous stuff in your store!! Have a super Sunday!!

Lacey said...

This is awesome! I havent inked this one up in a long time. I love the use of the twine for the rope! And these papers are awesome!
~Lacey

Danni said...

Oh how sweet and fun!! Love that cute image!

Ila said...

Gorgeous!!..the image is So Cute..coloring Amazing..and I love those new BG papers!!...Hugs, Ila

6 wacky women said...

Awesome card, Nikki
Your colouring of Shannon is fabulous and I just love those papers too. The jute is a perfect touch.

Karen x

Sirpaliina said...

Fabulous card Nikki and i like your colouring and all this card.

Mina said...

total stunner Nikki, dont you just love these lush papers, great for any occassion and your colouring is as always amazing
Mina xxx

dpkennedy said...

I love this! I don't think I have ever seen this image?! Wonderful coloring and dp!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! How precious this is!! I love your creation and that image is adorable!! I REALLY need to get me some of these images!! ACCK!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Absolutely adorable Nikki! I love the addition of the rope...too cute! I'm glad that I had a chance to play with my new stamps! Thanks a bunch! Hugs, Kimberly :D