Monday 26 May 2008

High Hopes Tea Angels


Zoe and I received these gorgeous folders containing lots of lovely stamped images on Saturday from the very kind Debbie and Hannah. I loved them so much that they inspired me to make one too.



The gorgeous High Hope stamp "Tea Angels" was sent to me in my DT Kit from Silly Monkey Crafts and is one I have wanted for a while - thank you Bryony. The beautiful papers are from the Cherry Arte - Kitty Lou Range. I coloured with my Prismacolor Pencils with Sansodor and paper stumps to blend. I also used my Sakura pens for the angels wings but am unhappy because it didn't photo well and in real life you can see the detail on their wings.




Folder Instructions
The folder is made by cutting a piece of 12" x 12" cardstock in half. Then starting at one end score in 3 places for the folds. Approx. 2.75" for the bottom, 4.5" for the back and 2.75" for the top flap. Cut off the excess strip and use this to make the two sides. For the sides just cut the remainder scrap in half. Fold and score each in half then each section in half again folding the opposite way to the first fold. Once they are concertinered you will need to cut them down to size before gluing as they will be too long and will be visible when the folder is open. Now glue into place. I hope this helps and that my instructions are clear.


I had this handmade stamp made before I went on holiday by ebay seller creatnstamps. She did a fantastic job and I have had a couple made for friends as they make fantastic gifts.

17 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow nikki this is fab loving the new stamp I'm sure silly monkey crafts will love it.

tracie said...

Hi Nikki
OMG I cant beleive it, I've been making wallet cards today too, just haven't had a chance to post them yet. I love yours its gorgeous and your handmade by stamp - did you make this ??
Zoe was more than welcome for the comments, she's so very talented and obviously takes after you, I look forward to seeing more of her creations.
Hugs
Tracie :-)x

Anonymous said...

Great idea, love the envelope! Such a cute image!

Carole :D

Suzanne said...

Wow these wallets are gorgeous and I love the HH tea faries and the papers are fab. Great hand made stamp too must have a look. Sue :o)

Heidi said...

This is so great Nikki. Its a wonderful -I just love this.
its a very nice and sweet gift I think! And your coloring are so beautiful like always.

Hugs from
Heidi

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh so cute Nikki, love the angels and that paper is beautiful!! Love your "handmade by: stamp...I think I may need one so I will check out that seller!!

CraftyC said...

Your envelope is gorgeous Nikki, did you get the images, I posted them while you were away? Hope Zoes OK at the dentist!
Clairexx

Janet said...

The wallets look fab! Would love to make one but wouldn't have a clue. The stamp is a great idea too!X

Kim said...

Wow Nikki, I love that folder, especially as it has concertina sides. Are there instructions anywhere for it? Thanks for your lovely words and wishes and I hope Zoe has a nice half term break crafting with Mum!! xx

Rach said...

Loving the wallet Nikki, what a cool idea. Love the papers you have used and the image is so sweet. Also like how the pp matches on the underside of the tab on the inside of the wallet, Nice touch.
Hope that zoe's visit to the dentist isn't too traumatic.
Hugs Rach.xx

simplyfairies said...

This is great, I can see the shimmery effect on the wings, just beautiful..

Ila said...

What a wonderful idea....I love the wallet and your coloring is fabulous!! those little tea angels are my fav too.

Diane.W. said...

Luv these folder cards & your stamp.Will have a go with your instructions :o)x

Monique said...

Oh, gorgious Nikki. I have to try these myself one day :)).

Hugs Monique

Kim said...

Just made one of these wallets in aboaut 2 mins Nikki (without decorating it!!) but they are soooo easy and effective, I love them, thanks hunny for the instructions. xxx

Renee said...

These are so cute! I love your all your cards!

Tara said...

Gorgeous card xx