Tuesday 8 September 2009

Goth Christmas


Ok, something a little different to show you today... and shockers.. yep... no colouring!!! This is my card for this week Scrapmagasinet DT Challenge where Heather has another awesome sketch for you to follow. There is also a fabulous prize for one lucky player.


The image used on my card is from the Pre-order set "Goth Christmas". The sentiment is also from this set. Goth Christmas is currently on special over in my store. The inspiration for the style of my card came from my talented friend Kristine. Kristine's card is here. Papers used are DCWV La Creme. I added snowflake charms to the flowers using jump rings. The edges of my image have been distressed using VersaMagic Jumbo Java and I finished by adding a tiny splash of stickles to her bell and collar.

My latest Pink Cat Studio delivery arrived today. You'll have to wait until next Wednesday to see the new release set ;-) I have some great stamps for Christmas - Lily and Billy Winter, Cat Plate 1, Christmas Kitty and also the very cute Lily and Tweet.

Danni starts Reception tomorrow... wow, I am sure many of you will remember this time last year when I posted she was starting nursery. I am hoping my little babe won't be too camera shy so I can show you a picture of her tomorrow in her uniform.

Me and the girls had a moment earlier this evening - where were you Gary? We were in the bathroom while the girls were brushing their teeth ready for bed when... a huge.. and I mean HUGE spider come running along the hallway towards us... Well it must have looked so funny as all 3 of us jumped in the bath screaming!!! I am surprised our neighbour didn't knock to check we were ok ;-) This is my second encounter today!!!

I haven't had time to create for this weeks Spoon Full of Sugar as I have been busy with my store but be sure to pop over as Michelle has a great sketch for you.

Hugs,


9 comments:

lacey said...

Wow! First, I have to admit that the image is a little scary for my taste! But I do like your layout and fun charms. I am so sorry about the spider! Why do things always happen with hubby away?! Remember the "lovely" conversation on the HH group about spiders!! It's making my skin crawl! I hope you were able to kill it so you don't have to deal with it again!
Tell Danni good luck at school! Big hugs :-)
~Lacey

Ila said...

Totally Fabulous card Nikki!!..the papers you used are Gorgeous. Yuk..I hate spiders too...I'd be in the bath as well..LOL...Hugs, Ila

Nilla said...

Now you scare me,LOL, this is something new, B/W (greysihblue) Xmas card? Just kidding, LOVE it, the details and the whole idea is extraordinaire. Hugs Nilla

Christine said...

What an adorable card. Only you could pull off a goth card with flair. Love it!!
xoxo, Christine

Patti J. said...

Great card!!! Poor girl looks like I always feel the day after Christmas!!! lol

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Nikki,i love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Great card Nikki. I love the colours black and white.
Hugs Jacqueline

christelle. said...

Gorgeous card Nikki!!
It's a different style but your card is fab!!
Did you kill the spider?? I'm like you, I don't like spider.
Have a great afternoon,
Love to you all,
big hugs,
Christelle.

Heather Huggins said...

I love it even though its not your usual thing!! :)