Tuesday 1 March 2011

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Tags

Well it's been a little while since I had some creation time but I managed to have a little play during half-term for our challenge today over at A Spoon Full of Sugar. This week the lovely Ingrid is asking you to create a tag... or to incorporate a tag somewhere on your card.

I used the adorable High Hopes stamp Peeking Kitty with sentiment "Cat's Meow". For a change I dusted off my Prismacolor pencils and used paper stumps and odourless white spirit to blend. I stamped kitty twice and the second time just coloured her paws so I could cut them out and pop them back on after adding the fence. The fence was cut using Martha Stewart punch edger fence. The pretty die cut behind the image is Marianne D Creatable Doily. I also added a little jute for added texture. The jute is now available in 7 colours over in my store. To finish I added a little stardust stickles to birdie's flower.

My tag also fits the current High Hopes Challenge where Debby is asking you to create for a females birthday. Still lots of time to play along!

As well as tons of inspiration from the High Hopes designers be sure to check out the awesome tutorials... this week Karen is showing you how to create a Paper Toil Flower.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Hugs,


17 comments:

Lacey Stephens said...

Gorgeous tag, hun!! I love the picket fence and the "garden" of flowers!! They are the perfect touch for this cute image.
~Lacey

6 wacky women said...

Fantastic tag, Nikki
Your details are fabulous,I
love how you added the fence!!

Karen x

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Wow NIkki,this tag is beautiful,i love this iomage.Great work,lovley colors.

Big hugs Agnesxx

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

the picture make me love, he is so cute and adorable! i love it. You made a very nice creation with it!

Ingrid said...

What a lovely tag Nikki, I really like the fence with the flowers where you put the kitty behind :-) So sweet! It's perfect.
Hugs Ing

Dotty Jo said...

This is just darling Nikki, love your colouring! Jo x

Monique said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Nikki !! I love it :)).

Hugs Monique

Yvonne F. said...

Wow, I just love this peeking cat and what you've done to it!
Great colouring, great papers, great....eveything.

byebye Yvonne

Lynne in NI said...

Awww, this is absolutely adorable Nikki!

Heidi said...

Hello sunshine

The cat is sooo cute. Love all the details.
Martine got her own cat now and she is so happy (but Charlie the dog is not so happy :).....)
Thinking about you and your family a lot.

Love
Heidi

christelle said...

Fab tag with a very cute image!!
Have a great weekend!!
Love to you all,
Big hugs,
Christelle.

kbrandy4 said...

Gorgeous tag Nikki, Thank you for my fab prize, i have them displayed on my blog http://hazelshandmadecrafts.blogspot.com/ and a card made using one of the stamps if you would like to take a peek. Thanks again Nikki. Hugs Hazel xx

Kort og Søm said...

So cute,
love all the details!
Hugs Fredrikke

Sparkle and Flourish said...

So gorgeous Nikki! Love all the little details and your colouring is perfect!

Hugs Judy x

Mary J said...

OMG this is adorable Nikki!!

eba said...

That's a really pretty tag you've made there! And lots of exciting stuff going on in your shop... :) I'll have to look around a bit ;)
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Erna.

Linda Beeson said...

The image is so cute, great little tag and LOVING that doily shape.